Resources for developers
First make sure you have WPIlib and Vscode installed - instructions
Install GitHub desktop (even if you want to use git from inside vscode, this is helpful)
Create an account on github.com and give your userid to one of the programming mentors to be added to our organization.
Some particular topics to understand and get code from
- Command based programming - the basics of programming the bot.
- Changes to command based programming - it all changes this year
- Kinematics and odometry - have the robot understand where it is on the field
- PIDSubsystem - a class to drive a motor to a particular position using a PID
- Vision - see especially the GRIP and RPi options
- Trajectory generation - drive the robot smoothly from point A to point B